- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Film Independent, the Los Angeles-based non-profit that produces the Spirit Awards and the Los Angeles Film Festival, has elected its new officers: Bill Condon, president; Rodrigo Garcia, vp; Alan Poul, secretary; and Stephanie Allain, treasurer.
All four also are joining the board of directors.
“Getting independent movies made and seen is always a struggle, and we’ve entered a particularly difficult period. I look forward to working with Rodrigo, Alan, Stephanie, and our extraordinary board to help Film Independent fulfill its mission of promoting the cause of independent filmmaking in this country,” Condon said.
Other new board members are Joe Drake, DeVon Franklin, Sue Kroll, David Linde and Ted Mundorff.
Previous officers Vondie Curtis Hall (president), Michael Helfant (vp), Tom Ortenberg (treasurer), and Kasi Lemmons (secretary) remain on the board.
Other members of the board are: Film Independent’s current board is comprised of the following industry leaders: Randy Barbato, Adriene Bowles, Effie T. Brown, Laura Dern, Sid Ganis, Marcus Hu, Laura Kim, Allan Mayer, Gail Mutrux, Peter Schlessel, Jonathan Sehring, Mary Sweeney and Forest Whitaker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day