- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UTA has hired Ander Nickell as an esports brand partnerships executive.
Nickell most recently worked as the head of global partnerships at video game developer and distributor Activision, where he oversaw worldwide brand partnerships for game titles like Call of Duty, Warzone, Call of Duty Mobile, Tony Hawk and Crash Bandicoot.
Nickell will be based in Los Angeles as he reports to Damon Lau, UTA’s head of esports. In his new role, Nickell will focus on brand partnerships for UTA’s roster of esports athletes, streamers and content creators.
“Ander has a unique talent for establishing authentic connections at the intersection of gaming, entertainment and consumer brands. He has firsthand knowledge of the world’s most prominent gaming franchises, and he is well-respected within the esports and marketing industries,” Lau said in a statement.
Before Activision, Nickell worked as a director of client development at GMR Marketing and began his career at IMG. UTA’s esports division represents gaming talent like NickMercs, Pokimane, Scump, Offline TV, Disguised Toast, Aphromoo, Valkyrae, Grandmaster Hikaru, Symfuhny and gaming organization FaZe Clan, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day