- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former ESPN president John Skipper and radio host and former ESPN on-air talent Dan Le Batard are joining forces on a new content venture. The pair are launching Meadowlark Media, which will emphasize a “creator-centric point of view” to content, with its initial focus on sports.
The company is launching with the support of Len Blavatnik’s Access Industries, which owns a controlling stake in Warner Music Group and the streaming sports service DAZN, for which Skipper had been chairman. Skipper will continue working with DAZN Group.
The first order of business for Meadowlark, according to Skipper, will be “to find Dan a new home for his wildly popular audio programs.” Le Batard officially left ESPN earlier this month, taking his popular radio program and podcasts with him.
“We hear the term ‘free agency’ a lot, but our fans, as loyal and rabid as any in sports, just gave us the freedom to exert the agency,” said Le Batard in a statement. “John Skipper is a visionary, an industry leader and also the most powerful person in sports across the decade when our show rocketed to national acclaim. I can’t wait to see what he builds, and what we build together.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day