- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Former Yale Productions director of development Russ Posternak has launched Post Film, a new film production and financing company.
Posternak becomes president of the indie production banner looking to work with in-demand writers, directors and stars. And twin brother Seth Posternak becomes senior adviser, while Samuel Sonenshine also joins the company as a development and finance executive.
“We created Post Film with a belief that, contrary to popular opinion, it is in fact possible to produce original films that can be profitable and enjoyed by large audiences without sacrificing originality or the spirit of creative risk taking that is so essential to making great, memorable movies,” Russ Posternak said in a statement.
He earlier worked at Jordan Yale Levine and Jordan Beckerman’s Yale Productions, where he served as the company’s director of development for three years. Seth Posternak also collaborated with his brother on film projects like Separation, directed by William Brent Bell, and Stowaway, directed by Joe Penna and starring Anna Kendrick and Toni Collette.
Russ Posternak’s other credits include producing Becky, starring Kevin James and Lulu Wilson, and Burn, starring Josh Hutcherson, Suki Waterhouse and Tilda Cobham-Hervey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day