- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is getting “Good Vibes” about a new animated comedy from “Pineapple Express” director David Gordon Green.
The network has ordered a presentation from the project for spring consideration.
Written by Green and to be drawn by Brad Abelson (“The Simpsons”), “Vibes” revolves around a crazy group of high-school students living in a Southern California coastal community.
20th Century Fox TV is producing the comedy, which was developed by Tom Werner’s Warner Bros. TV-based company Good Humor TV.
Werner, Abelson, Green and Mike Clements are exec producing.
The “Vibes” pickup is part of Fox’s concerted effort in the animated comedy arena that includes entertainment president Kevin Reilly’s plan to add at least one or two new toon series to its lineup every year in preparation for the eventual departure of veteran “The Simpsons” and as a way of keeping the median age of the network’s viewership lower.
This season, Fox is launching two new animated comedies, “Sit Down, Shut Up” and “The Cleveland Show,” both set for midseason.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day