- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wendy Williams’ syndicated chat show has been renewed on Fox TV stations through the 2011-12 season.
The Debmar-Mercury series received a renewal despite modest ratings in most markets.
“We are extremely gratified by Fox’s faith in Wendy,” said Mort Marcus, co-president of Debmar-Mercury. “Her substantial growth in the key ratings demos, which stations care about the most, has quickly put her program within striking distance of many of today’s most established and successful talk shows.”
“Williams” launched nationally last July and has averaged 1.1 household rating this fall. Recent weeks have improved, however, and the show continues to perform strong in New York City.
“We anticipate even further growth as the show continues to emerge as a key building block, and Wendy as a key personality of our daytime landscape,” said Frank Cicha, senior vp of Programming, Fox TV Stations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day