- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — A judge has jailed Foxy Brown for violating her probation, authorities said Wednesday.
Officials had sought to have Brown’s probation revoked after the rapper was arrested on charges that she smacked her Brooklyn neighbor with her cell phone, said Jack Ryan, a spokesman for the city Department of Probation. They also complained that Brown had skipped her anger management classes and failed to get permission before traveling outside the city.
Criminal Court Judge Melissa Jackson ruled Wednesday that Brown would remain behind bars until a Sept. 5 hearing.
A call to Brown’s attorney wasn’t returned.
Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, was on probation for attacking two manicurists at a nail salon in 2004. She was arrested for allegedly assaulting Arlene Raymond on July 30, after the pair got into a fight over Brown blasting her car stereo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day