- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — French commercial broadcaster M6 is off to a strong start for the year, with a market share of 12.6% among viewers ages four and up, the group said Monday.
The channel boasts the strongest year-to-year increase in audience performance among all French terrestrial channels compared with January 2006 (a 0.4% increase).
It is the best January performance for M6 since 2004, according to Mediametrie figures.
M6 gained 400,000 viewers in the first part of the evening, for an average audience of 3.9 million this January compared with 3.5 million in January 2006.
Stand-out programs included inventors contest “L’Inventeur de L’Annee” (5.2 million viewers), local reality hit “Super Nanny” (5.1 million), U.S. import “Bones” (5.3 million), talk show “Capital” (5.7 million) and “6 Minutes” (the highest results for a news program in three years, with 4.4 million viewers and an 18.1% audience share).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day