- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FX is expanding its relationship with “Nip/Tuck” creator Ryan Murphy with a pilot order to his transsexual drama “4 oz.”
Murphy co-created the project — about a family man who decides to get a sex change after realizing that he is a transsexual — with Brad Falchuk, a writer-producer on “Nip/Tuck,” and is set to direct the pilot.
Murphy is executive producing with Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner. 20th Century Fox Television is producing the pilot.
Murphy this year inked a rich multiyear deal with FX, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Co. (HR 2/16).
Production is under way on the fifth season of “Nip/Tuck,” which has become a breakout hit for FX since its launch in 2003.
On the big screen, Murphy most recently wrote and directed the 2006 film “Running With Scissors,” which he produced with Pitt.
Murphy is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day