- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gameplay HD, Rainbow Media’s high-definition channel that focuses on video gaming, said Tuesday that it has teamed with Electronic Arts to create a new TV series featuring the 2007 EA Sports Madden Challenge, which took place Dec. 12-13 at Universal Studios.
The six-part series — which premieres Feb. 2, the day before the Super Bowl — kicks off at 1 p.m. EST with an hourlong preshow introducing each of the 24 tournament finalists, including how they qualified with regional title wins playing “Madden NFL 08.”
New half-hour episodes will continue to air at 1 p.m. EST Saturdays, covering the rounds of the tournament. Episodes also will feature gamer portraits, segments on the Madden video game culture and characters and the strategic plans of all the finalists as they prepare for competition.
Gameplay HD, which is one of Rainbow’s Voom HD Networks, also is producing a special hourlong episode focusing on the tournament’s semifinal and final rounds.
The winner of the single- elimination, bracket-style tournament takes home cash and prizes totaling $100,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day