- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New indie outfit Overture Films has named Matt Garelik senior vp theatrical distribution as it ramps up its first releases.
The exec will work in conjunction with fellow senior vp theatrical distribution Greg Forston, with Garelik handling western territories and Forston handling eastern duties. Garelik reports to executive vp theatrical distribution Kyle Davies in the company’s Beverly Hills office.
Garelik served for a year as vp client services at Nielsen EDI, where he worked with domestic theatrical distribution, exhibition and other Nielsen clients. Nielsen EDI is a division of the Nielsen Co., parent company of The Hollywood Reporter.
The executive worked for nearly a decade as a branch manager at 20th Century Fox, handling domestic theatrical distribution sales in several territories. Before that, he took on similar duties at Buena Vista Pictures Distribution and Savoy Pictures.
Overture, founded in the fall as a division of Starz Llc., plans additional marketing and distribution hiring announcements in the next few weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day