- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Genius Brands, which specializes in educational entertainment for children, announced on Tuesday that it hired Rebecca Hershinger, a former vp of finance and corporate development for MGM, as its CFO.
Hershinger has been working with Genius Brands since early this year via CFO Advisory Services, a corporation she founded. She has also served as an investment banking analyst for JP Morgan Chase, covering clients in the entertainment, real estate and hotels and gaming industries.
“She contributes exactly the type of expertise we need, and we’re already realizing the benefits of her intellect, experience and knowledge of our industry,” said Genius Brands CEO Andy Heyward.
Genius Brands is headquartered in Beverly Hills, and its library of TV and other content includes Baby Genius, Warren Buffett‘s Secret Millionaires Club, Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab and Stan Lee’s Mighty 7. It’s first film project in the works is a joint venture with Stan Lee‘s POW! Entertainment.
Also on Tuesday, Genius Brands said it promoted controller Matthew Kornberg to vp of finance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day