- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Constantin Film, Germany’s leading independent film production company, has signed a wide-ranging digital deal with the country’s leading Internet TV channel, Mediakraft Networks, that will see Mediakraft coordinate the online promotion of Constantin’s film slate.
The deal, announced by Constantin’s head of film and television Martin Moszkowicz, will mainly be focused on using YouTube as a promotion platform for Constantin film trailers as well as a distribution outlet for new exclusive online content.
Less than two years old, Cologne-based Mediakraft, an association of online channels, boasts 10 million unique users, making it Germany’s largest online-only network.
Late last year, Mediakraft received a seven digit capital investment from media equity group Shortcut Ventures. Ynon Kreiz, ex-CEO of TV production giant Endemol, is one of its seed investors and a member of Mediakraft’s advisory board, along with Martin Borowski, the former CEO of Sony Pictures Germany and Martin Ostermayer of Shortcut Ventures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day