- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TAORMINA, Sicily — Danny DeVito and Roman Polanski will be the guests of honor at next month’s Giffoni Film Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
DeVito will officially open the 37th edition of the youth-oriented festival, which runs July 12-21. It will mark the first time the festival has been opened by a foreign guest.
Polanski, meanwhile, will make an appearance while in Italy putting the finishing touches on his latest film, “Pompeii.”
Giffoni, which takes place just outside Rome, earlier announced that it will host the Italian premiere of “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.”
The festival is developing a cooperation and cross-promotional agreement with the Dubai Film Festival’s young-viewers sidebar. The agreement, which takes effect in 2008, will be cemented by a visit from Abdulhamid Juma, the president of the Dubai event, which will hold its fourth edition in December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day