- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rob Gilby has been named senior vp and managing director of Disney-ABC International Television, Asia-Pacific. He had served as managing director, Disney Channel U.K., Scandinavia and Emerging Markets.
“Rob is the ideal person to continue to build our company’s media business in the Asia-Pacific region given his media experience in the area and his recent success with our Disney Channel businesses in England, Scandinavia, Poland and South Africa,” said Ben Pyne, president of global distribution at Disney-ABC Worldwide Television & Disney Media Networks.
Gilby will play a leading role in growing the distribution and revenue of all television and film content developed by Walt Disney through the Walt Disney Studios, ABC, ABC Studios, Disney Channel and Disney-ABC Cable Networks throughout the region (excluding Japan), including Australia, New Zealand, China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Korea.
His efforts will span across all platforms such as terrestrial, pay, cable/satellite, telco and IPTV and such technologies as PPV, VOD, broadband and mobile.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day