- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC is returning “American Gladiators” to syndication to get additional sampling for the athletic competition.
NBC’s owned and affiliated stations will get a second run of the first three episodes of NBC’s hit remake of the 1990s syndicated series for non-primetime broadcast on the weekends of Jan. 19-20, Jan. 26-27 and Feb. 2-3.
The idea for the re-purposed broadcasts came from the recent NBC Affiliate Board meeting.
“This unique partnership with our owned and affiliated stations gives us a great post-premiere window to increase the sampling for this tremendous new hit series,” NBC programming chief Ben Silverman said. “Plus, it may often air in the same time period as the syndicated series did when it became a smash series years ago.”
“American Gladiators” launched Sunday as the highest rated new series of the season among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day