- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — U.K.-based Granada International has bought pan-Asian rights to “The May Lee Show,” the upcoming talk show from News Corp. subsidiary STAR TV’s Star World, the company said here Monday.
The one-hour series starring Korean-American May Lee, a former anchor for CNN and CNBC and one-time co-host of the Oxygen network’s “Pure Oxygen,” will deal with a range of issues relevant to women in Asia, including relationships, body image, family and sex.
“We intend to confront the long-standing stereotypical views of what might interest us and show Asian viewers that we aren’t afraid to talk about issues that have traditionally been left behind closed doors,” Lee said.
James Ross, Granda’s regional director said the show does something that hasn’t been seen before in Asia — caters to “Asian women who juggle their careers and their family.”
The show will feature prominent women from around the region, but specific guests have yet to be announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day