- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Liv Tyler will star opposite Ed Norton in Marvel Studios’ “The Incredible Hulk,” signing on to play Betty Ross, the longtime love interest of Dr. Bruce Banner/the Hulk. Louis Leterrier is directing the movie, which is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige.
Ross, a classic “Hulk” character from the comic book’s beginning in 1962, is Banner’s fellow scientist and an ally in his quest to rid him of his lurking monster deep inside. The movie will unfold with Ross estranged from Banner (Norton), but with the pursuit of the Hulk heating up and Banner on the run trying to cure his condition, Ross finds herself swept back into his life.
Jennifer Connelly played the character in the 2003 movie “Hulk,” directed by Ang Lee.
Filming on the new “Hulk” is slated to begin in the summer in Toronto. Universal Pictures is distributing.
The film is being executive produced by Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Arad and Stan Lee.
Tyler, who gained international recognition as Arwen in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, was most recently seen in Mike Binder’s “Reign Over Me,” with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Her upcoming films include the indie comedy “Smother” and the horror thriller “The Strangers.”
Tyler is repped by UTA and the Schiff Co.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day