- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Production outfit Peace Arch Entertainment is launching its domestic theatrical acquisitions arm with the hire of Larry Greenberg as senior vp acquisitions.
The veteran Showtime acquisitions exec will report to COO John Flock in Los Angeles and acquire films for the company’s new theatrical distribution arm and longtime home video division.
Greenberg joined Showtime in 1995 as a film evaluator and was promoted to vp acquisitions three years ago. His deals for the pay TV network include the world premieres of Adrian Lyne’s “Lolita,” Allison Anders’ “Things Behind the Sun” and Henry Bean’s “The Believer” starring Ryan Gosling. He also helped launch the Showtime Exposure documentary series and Laugh Out Loud stand-up comedy series.
Prior to Showtime, Greenberg had a five-year story editor stint at writer/producer Jim Kouf’s Walt Disney Pictures-based production company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day