- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ole Bornedal’s “The Substitute” has scared up a North American distribution deal with Grindstone Entertainment Group.
Grindstone signed the deal for the Danish scary movie produced by Thura Films, starring Paprika Steen, from Nordisk Film International Sales.
The deal follows hot-on-the-heels of Grindstone’s purchase of Nordisk’s ghost story “Room 205.”
Grindstone will work in partnership with Sam Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures on the release.
Ghost House Pictures’ recent releases include “30 Days of Night,” “The Messengers” and “Boogeyman.”
The movie follows a terrified 6th-grade class as they race to reveal to their parents that their new substitute teacher is an evil alien being.
The sale was brokered by Tine Klint for Nordisk Film International Sales and Stan Wertlieb for Grindstone.
The Substitute is produced by Michael Obel/Thura fiction and was one of Denmark’s biggest summer blockbuster success.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day