- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
GSN is developing an adaptation of the Irish game show “The Box” with Lion Television USA, sources said.
“The Box,” a reality/game show hybrid, debuted in October on Ireland’s TV3. In the Irish version, two contestants are put into a transparent glass box for 24 hours, facing quiz-related tasks throughout the day in full view of the public. At the end of the day, contestants are asked general knowledge questions in a live broadcast, with the winner staying in the box to compete against a fresh contestant the next day.
Lion Television USA is producing. The company’s Tracy Green is serving as executive producer along with Nick Catliff, who is with Lion Television U.K.
The project is in development for a possible series pickup, sources said.
GSN and Lion TV declined comment.
Lion TV’s credits include Court TV’s “S.W.A.T. USA,” TLC’s “Family Trip,” PBS’ “History Detectives” and History Channel/BBC2’s “Days That Shook the World.”
The “Box” deal was brokered by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day