- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran producers Guy East and Nigel Sinclair have joined forces with two rights management groups to launch Lasso, a digital company focusing on online TV and film rights.
East and Sinclair, whose production credits include Ron Howard‘s Rush and Daniel Radcliffe-starrer The Woman in Black, are teaming up with online video group Billion Dollar Boy and collection agency Fintage House to form Lasso.
The new company aims to be a one-stop shop for online rights management — helping content creators promote and monetize their work online, as well as fight illegal piracy.
East and Sinclair’s production venture White Horse Pictures is a backer of Billion Dollar Boy, whose CEO, Edward East, the son of Guy East, will be co-CEO of Lasso, together with Fintage House’s executive vice president Marcel Hoogenberk. The new company will have offices in London, Amsterdam and Los Angeles.
East and Sinclair are former Exclusive Media co-chairmen. They left the company in March 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day