- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Media mogul Haim Saban told The Hollywood Reporter Tuesday that he would be willing to buy both the embattled Beverly Hills Hotel and the Hotel Bel-Air if he could purchase the properties at a fair price.
PHOTOS: ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson and Other Stars Who’ve Made Anti-Gay Remarks
Saban’s comments come amid a growing boycott in Hollywood against the hotels’ current owner, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, who has decided to enact Sharia law — targeting gays — in his home country of Brunei.
“We are boycotting,” said Saban, a long time friend of Bill and Hillary Clinton and strong supporter of the state of Israel. “And, yes, we would be interested to buy both the Beverly Hills Hotel as well as the Hotel Bel-Air, but we won’t pay a stupid price, and if someone else buys it, we’ll still enjoy the Polo Lounge and the Wolfgang Puck restaurant at the Bel Air.”
EARLIER: Hollywood Reporter Pulls Women in Entertainment Breakfast From Beverly Hills Hotel
The burgeoning boycott against the hotels includes a number of high-profile organizations and entertainment industry people, as awareness builds about Bolkiah’s recent decision to enact the strict law that calls for severe punishments — flogging, amputation of limbs and stoning — for offenses such as theft, adultery and sodomy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day