- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Production/financing outfit the Halcyon Co. has appointed Randolph Paul as its COO.
Reporting to co-CEOs Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson in the company’s Los Angeles offices, Paul will oversee all daily operations and help develop business deals and co-productions.
Paul joins Halcyon after five years at law firm Greenberg Traurig, where he was a company shareholder and served as an entertainment lawyer specializing in technology, media and telecommunications.
While in private practice from 1997 to 2002, he repped producers on such projects as “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines,” part of the Terminator franchise to which Halcyon acquired rights in May.
Prior to Greenberg Traurig, Paul was senior vp, business and legal affairs at Cinergi Pictures Entertainment from 1993 to 1997. He held the same title at Sovereign Pictures from 1991-1992 and Miramax Films from 1986 to 1990. Paul was involved in deals on dozens of feature films, including “Die Hard with a Vengeance,” “Evita” and “The Grifters.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day