- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Halle Berry speaks out for the very first time about her breakup with long-time boyfriend Gabriel Aubrey earlier this year.
In Vogue’s September issue, the 44-year-old Oscar-winning actress, mother and cover girl was candid in her first formal interview in three years.
She commented on the current state of tabloid culture and the biggest misconception of her. “That I am this brooding, twisted, lovesick person who just can’t get it right in life. Every story about me is so heavy and dramatic. That’s not how I do life,” Berry told the magazine.
She adds: “As if I’m still stuck in all the muck of the past. And I am so not.”
Later in the interview, Berry cleared the air on what really happened with Aubrey, with whom she has a daughter Nahla.
“By the time [the breakup] hit the papers — full of rumors and lies, with people having to make up problems between us — Gabriel and I had long dealt with it. We were done,” she said. “And we were on a good foot.”
Though the two remain good friends and continue to raise their daughter, Berry had a revelation of sorts.
“You realize you are not meant to go the distance with everybody. We were meant to bring this amazing little person into the world. And I think that’s why we came together,” the actress shared. “And because of that, we are going to be together forever, all three of us.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day