- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
William Hamm has been appointed to the newly created position of executive vp creative development at Starz Media.
Hamm, who will be based at the company’s Burbank offices, will be responsible for a team of creative development executives focusing on acquiring new projects for the feature film and new-media platforms.
A 20-year industry veteran, Hamm most recently was executive vp television at Sam Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures, where he oversaw the development of two series for Comcast’s Fearnet network: “Devil’s Trade” and “30 Days of Night: Blood Trails.”
Hamm, who has held senior positions at Tribune Entertainment, Universal and ABC Television, was instrumental in the development of several successful television series, including “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” “Xena: Warrior Princess,” “Law & Order: SVU” and “New York Undercover.”
Hamm also worked as a consultant for Creative Technologies, a think tank to aid the U.S. Department of Defense to develop a virtual reality training facility in Fort Sill, Okla., after the Sept. 11 attacks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day