- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Gemrany – David Heyman, the producer behind the Harry Potter franchise, will be honored as Producer of the Decade at this year’s CineEurope trade fair. Heyman has produced all of the Harry Potter films, including the finale, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows Part 2, which will screen for attendees at CineEurope June 30, a week before its official London premiere July 7.
In addition to Potter, Heyman’s production credits include Will Smith-starrer I Am Legend, Jim Carrey comedy Yes Man and concentration camp drama The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. Upcoming post-Potter projects include Brit spy drama Page Eight starring Ralph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz and Bill Nighy and Alfonso Cuaron‘s Gravity starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock.
“It is a great pleasure for CineEurope to be able to acknowledge and pay tribute to a very prolific international producer who produced the wildly successful Harry Potter franchise as well as many other blockbuster films and an array of independent films,” said CineEurope managing director Robert Sunshine.
Heyman will receive his honor at the CineEurope Awards Luncheon on Thursday, June 30. The 2011 CineEurope, the official convention of the International Union of Cinemas, runs June 27-30 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day