- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ed Helms is becoming a permanent fixture around “The Office.”
The actor, who has been recurring on the NBC comedy series, has been upped to regular.
Helms, who joined the cast at the beginning of this season, plays Andy Bernard, an employee of paper supply company Dundler Mifflin’s now-defunct Stamford, Conn., office. Bernard and Karen Filippelli (Rashida Jones) have since been transferred to the Scranton, Pa., branch, where the series is set.
Jones continues as a recurring on the show, from Reveille and NBC Universal TV Studio.
Helms, who has a talent holding deal with NBC Uni TV, starred in the studio’s 2005 comedy pilot for NBC “Lies and the Wives We Tell Them To.”
He also was a senior correspondent for five years on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” where he worked alongside “Office” star Steve Carell. Helms will appear alongside Carell in the feature film “Evan Almighty.”
In addition, Helms has a role in the upcoming sequel to “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.”
He repped by CAA, Principato-Young Entertainment and attorney Ira Schreck.
Nellie Andreeva contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day