- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount Pictures is joining Brett Ratner‘s Hercules adaptation as a producer alongside MGM, the studio announced Wednesday.
As previously reported, the film will star Dwayne Johnson in the titular role. Hercules will begin production in early 2013.
The ensemble action film will be based on Radical Studio’s graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars — a revisionist take on the classic Greek myth. In The Thracian Wars, the supernatural does not exist.
The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner are producing; Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger are executive producing.
Johnson, an action film mainstay, will next appear in Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which the studio also is co-producing with MGM. Johnson is also set to appear in Pain & Gain and the sixth Fast and Furious film — both also Paramount projects.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day