- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — IM Global is harnessing the comic book power of Platinum Studios to develop D.J. Coffman’s “Hero by Night” into a live-action TV series.
“Hero,” which won Platinum’s 2006 Comic Book Challenge competition, tells the story of young landlord Jack King, who uncovers the lair of the title character. Determined to make some extra cash, Jack auctions the Hero’s journal on eBay, raising the ire of a dormant madman.
IM Global will rep worldwide distribution and produce the adventure series for young adults through its IM Global Television banner headed by Gavin Reardon. Platinum CEO Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, IM Global’s Stuart Ford, Rigberg Entertainment’s Glenn Rigberg and Reardon are set to executive produce. Platinum film and TV vp Rich Marincic will co-produce, and Greenberg Group’s Randy Greenberg will co-exec produce. Reardon, Rigberg and Greenberg negotiated the deal.
” ‘Hero by Night’ provides a wonderful opportunity to make action-adventure wish-fulfillment weekly television,” Ford said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day