- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. presented more than $1.2 million in financial grants to film schools and nonprofit organizations Thursday at its annual Installation Luncheon honoring the organization’s 2007-08 slate of officers at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
The grants represent the largest tally ever distributed in the group’s 65-year history, behind the annual Golden Globe Awards.
Marc Anthony, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Lopez and Hilary Swank were among the celebrities who announced the grants, while others like Charlize Theron, appearing for the Film Foundation, accepted on behalf of the recipients.
HFPA president Jorge Camara introduced the new officers: Mike Goodridge, vp; Serge Rakhlin, executive secretary; and Meher Tatna, treasurer. The new board of directors comprises Mahfouz Doss (chairman), Armando Gallo, Anke Hofmann, Erkki Kanto, Paz Mata and Frances Schoenberger (alternate).
The grants were distributed among 28 film-related charities and educational institutions.
A complete list of the recipients is available at hollywood reporter.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day