- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NEW YORK — Univision’s local New York affiliate has taken the market’s July sweep in all three key demo news races for the first time in history.
WXTV-Univision 41 won in adults 18-49 at 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. newscasts against the English-language competition on the other stations, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. It also won weekday primetime in adults 18-49 against the English-language stations as well as adults 18-34.
In weekday primetime, Univision’s 174,000 viewers in adults 18-49 was just able to edge out the 173,000 for WNYW-TV, the local Fox affiliate. WNBC came in third during the week with an average 120,000 viewers.
For the 6 p.m. time period, the race was much more one-sided. Univision averaged 123,000 demo viewers to WABC-TV’s 87,000, WCBS’s 52,000 and Fox’s 40,000. It was much the same at 6:30 p.m., where “Noticiero Univision” averaged 122,000 adults 18-49 to 83,000 for ABC’s “World News With Charles Gibson,” 59,000 for “NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams” and 54,000 for the “CBS Evening News With Katie Couric.”
Things get a bit closer but not much more at 11 p.m., where “Noticias Univision 41” averaged 172,000 adults 18-49 to WABC’s 155,000, WNBC’s 138,000 and WCBS’s 106,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day