- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kathryn Bigelow and Nora Ephron have been added to the roster of honorees that will be feted at 13th annual Hollywood Film Festival’s Hollywood Awards on Oct. 26 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
“Up,” directed by Pete Docter, will be recognized with the Animation Award, while “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” and its visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar are set to receive the Visual Effects Award.
Bigelow will take home the Director Award for her work on “The Hurt Locker” as well as such earlier credits as “Point Break” and “Strange Days.”
Ephron, who adapted “Julie & Julia,” which she also directed, from the books “Julie & Julia” by Julie Powell and “My Life in France” by Julia Child with Alex Prud’homme, will receive the Screenwriter Awards. Among her other credits are “Heartburn,” “Silkwood,” “When Harry Met Sally” and “Sleepless in Seattle.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day