- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — Shares in Huayi Brothers Media more than doubled on Friday, making them the second-best performers on the opening day of China’s new ChiNext stock market.
The Beijing-based company, which was responsible for films including “The Assembly” and “If You Are The One,” saw its shares launched at RMB28.58 (US$4.19), reach RMB70.81 and, after suspension, fall back to RMB63.66 for a gain of 148%.
ChiNext, a NASDAQ-style market based in Shenzhen, is intended to help attract financing for small and medium sized companies. It started Friday with 28 share listings, all of which rose.
Huayi, which is headed by brothers Wang Zhongjun and Wang Zhonglei, is the first film company in China to list on any stock market. At the closing share price the company has a market capitalization of RMB10.7 billion ($1.57 billion). State-backed China Film Group and Bona Group have both hired investment advisers and are also seeking IPOs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day