- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Hudson is set to star opposite Dane Cook in Lionsgate Films’ “Bachelor No. 2,” helmed by Howard Deutch.
Production is slated to begin in August in Boston. A third-quarter 2008 release is planned.
Jordan Cahan’s screenplay centers on Tank, a man hired to take girls out on terrible dates to prompt them to return to boyfriends they left. Conflict ensues when he offers his services to his best friend and falls for the girl. Hudson will play the love interest, Alexis.
Cook’s production company Superfinger Entertainment is producing with Management 360 and Terra Firma. Producers include Management 360’s Guymon Casady and Doug Johnson; Terra Firma’s Adam Herz, Greg Lessans and Josh Shader; and New Wave’s Barry Katz and Brian Volk-Weiss. President of production Michael Paseornek will oversee the project for Lionsgate.
Hudson was nominated for an Academy Award for best supporting actress for her role as Penny Lane in “Almost Famous.” Her credits also include “You, Me and Dupree.” She is set to star opposite Matthew McConaughey in Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Fool’s Gold,” slated for a February 2009 release.
Hudson is repped by Endeavor, the Firm and Jackoway, Tyerman, Wertheimer, Austen, Mandelbaum & Morris.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day