- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SAG is getting its own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The first labor union to be so honored, SAG will get an “award of excellence” in the sidewalk in front of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard. It will be dedicated in a ceremony set for Oct. 25.
“This award-of-excellence star marks another pioneering moment in the remarkable and rich history of this union,” SAG president Alan Rosenberg said. “For nearly 75 years, the Screen Actors Guild has worked hard to improve the lives of actors, so it is an extraordinary honor for us to now be recognized with a star on Hollywood Boulevard, where we will be memorialized among the many actors who have helped to make the guild what it is today.”
The award star will be funded by contributions to the SAG Foundation and include a presenting sponsorship by Ford Motor Co. to help with transportation to the star ceremony, officials said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day