- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC Entertainment announced Tuesday that it has purchased North American rights to the Sundance film “Wild Tigers I Have Known” from Genius Products.
The coming-of-age drama will be distributed on IFC First Take with day-and-date release theatrically and on local cable’s On Demand platform. The New York-based company intends to debut the film on Feb. 28.
“Wild Tigers,” which has toured the film festival circuit, is the first feature by writer-director Cam Archer. The film is executive produced by Gus Van Sant and Scott Rudin and stars Malcolm Stumpf, Fairuza Balk and Patrick White. It recently received a 2007 Independent Spirit Award nomination for best cinematography (Aaron Platt).
The deal was negotiated by Elizabeth Nastro and Ryan Werner for IFC with Genius Products and executive producers Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day