- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — DreamWorks veteran Tim Cheung is joining the Hong Kong company that animated “TMNT,” Imagi International Holdings Ltd., as vp animation, the company said Wednesday.
At Imagi, Cheung will manage a team of more than 400 animators and oversee the animation for all of its upcoming CGI features, including “Astroboy” and “Gatchaman,” the latter to be directed by “TMNT’s” Kevin Munroe. Both are set for release in 2009.
“Many industry insiders consider Tim Cheung to be one of the most accomplished animators in the world,” said Francis Kao, deputy chairman, co-CEO and chief creative officer of Imagi.
At DreamWorks, Cheung worked on the “Shrek” trilogy as directing animator, supervising animator and head of character animation. He also was a senior animator on “Antz.”
“(Imagi) is broadening the demographic appeal of animation by bringing in action-hero themes and spectacular high-energy effects sequences,” Cheung said.
Imagi is listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day