- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sports, entertainment and media company IMG announced an agreement to acquire Host Communications, a leader in college sports marketing, association management and media services, from Triple Crown Media. The agreement is expected to close in mid-November.
Host will operate as a division of IMG’s College Sports Group, overseen by Pat Battle, senior corporate vp, IMG College Sports. Tom Stultz will continue to lead the company’s college sports marketing and media services business as senior vp and managing director, College Sports.
In addition to a 30-year relationship with the NCAA, Host provides sports marketing services for several top NCAA Division I universities and conferences including Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Rice, Tennessee, Texas, Western Kentucky and Furman.
Earlier this year, IMG announced the acquisition of the Collegiate Licensing Co., which assists collegiate institutions with a wide array of licensing and administration services. “The new IMG College Division will bring together licensing, marketing, multimedia rights and media production in an approach that is not available anywhere else in the college market through the combined resources of IMG,” the company said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day