- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Motion-capture facility Mobility Art Studios has opened in Hyderabad, India.
The company aims to service a local and international base of customers producing content for film, television, commercials and games. It has two shooting stages, equipped with Vicon MX-F40 motion-capture cameras.
The company offers motion capture with cleanup, and plans to add a cleanup-only unit, as well as an online library of performances.
India has become a popular location for VFX and animation work. Sony Pictures Imageworks and Rhythm & Hues maintain facilities there. Technicolor Content Services has a majority stake in Bangalore-based Paprikaas Animation Studios.
“The boom in India hasn’t hurt us. There are talented artists and technicians in India,” Mobility Art executive director Hans Van der Sluys said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America