- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI — Sony Entertainment Television will bow “Indian Idol 4,” the local adaptation of “American Idol,” on Sept. 19, Miditech Private Ltd. said Friday.
Produced by Miditech with “Idol” global format owner Fremantle Media, the fourth season’s jury includes Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre, singer Kailash Kher, composer Annu Malik and lyricist-poet Javed Akhtar.
“Over the past three seasons, ‘Indian Idol’ has not only broken its own viewership and voting response records but, more importantly, it has captured the imagination of the youth of the country,” said Albert Almeida, SET’s executive vp and business head.
“Idol 4” will replace SET’s first season of “Dus Ka Dum,” the Indian version of the CBS game show “Power of 10,” which debuted in June hosted by Bollywood star Salman Khan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day