- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IndieVest Inc. CEO and founder Wade H. Bradley on Thursday announced the formation of IndieVest Pictures, an independent feature film company dedicated to bringing midlevel budget films to the marketplace.
Mark Burton, who executive produced Deepa Mehta’s “Water,” has been tapped president of production. Matt Wall has been named vp development. A president of distribution will be announced soon.
IndieVest Pictures is launching its film slate by acquiring Tanuja Desai Hidier’s novel “Born Confused,” a coming-of-age story about a 16-year-old New Jersey teen who is an only child to loving East Indian parents. Reggie Miller and Gail D’Agostino will produce.
Burton’s producing credits include Chad Lowe’s “Beautiful Ohio” and Santosh Sivan’s “The Terrorist.”
Wall segues to IndieVest with more than 10 years of experience working in the acquisitions and co-production departments at New Line Cinema and Universal Pictures. He co-founded Rogue Pictures, which at the time was a genre production and releasing division of October Films. He also was a development and acquisitions executive at USA Films, which released several Academy Award-winning and -nominated films including “Traffic” and “Gosford Park.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day