- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — U.K.-based private equity media investor Ingenious Media has acquired the international distribution arm of Channel 4, C4i, for an undisclosed sum, it was announced Friday.
Digital Rights Group, the independent rights distribution arm backed by Ingenious’ quoted financing arm Ingenious Media Active Capital, will take over running C4i and its catalog of over 3,000 programs, which will retain the C4i brand.
The business will seek new distribution properties, backed by financing from Ingenious, and will extend DRG’s footprint in the distribution business, said chairman Chris Wright.
“A year ago, with IMAC’s backing, we founded DRG with the goal of building a new leader in independent television distribution,” he said. “The C4i deal is the next chapter in the DRG story, strengthening our international presence and underlining our intention to be a major force in television worldwide.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Film and TV Tax Credits
Visual Effects Society