- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Film Department is reorganizing international operations.
Mark Gill and Neil Sacker’s financing and production banner is pacting with the Weinstein Co. to handle international sales, with the latter firm’s David Glasser running point on those responsibilities.
As part of the shift, Film Department international sales topper Steve Bickel is leaving; international vp Kristen Figeroid and vp international affairs Inc Pagliuca will remain.
The deal will give the Film Department access to the Weinstein Co.’s global network of buyers, with the mini-major seeing Film Department titles as a complement to its prestige and specialized pics.
“Their slate is very mainstream, and that’s a perfect fit with our product,” Glasser said.
The Film Department has “Law Abiding Citizen” in theaters, completed production on the Catherine Zeta-Jones romantic comedy “The Rebound” and is near completion on the Kate Hudson dramedy “Earthbound.”
Glasser has a long history in international sales, previously with Yari Film Group, of which Sacker also is a veteran.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day