- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Isaacs and Melissa George will star opposite John Cusack in the Jan de Bont-helmed action thriller “Stopping Power” from Intermedia Films and Action Concepts.
Cusack plays a man who races to rescue his kidnapped daughter. Isaacs will play Cusack’s nemesis, and George will portray Cusack’s girlfriend. The film is slated to enter production in Berlin next month.
Sales and international distribution is being handled by IM Global.
Isaacs’ credits include this summer’s “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” in which the actor plays the villainous Lucius Malfoy. Isaacs just wrapped season two of Showtime drama “Brotherhood.” His upcoming films including Vicente Amorim-helmed “Good,” which also stars Viggo Mortensen. Isaacs is repped by Gersh, the Collective and attorney Karl Austen.
George’s credits include “Turistas” and “Derailed.” She next stars with Josh Hartnett in Sony’s vampire thriller “30 Days of Night,” which opens Oct. 19, and appears in the MGM drama with Ron Livingston in “Music Within,” which bows Oct. 26. George also is in production on the new HBO series “In Treatment.”
George is repped by Paradigm, 3 Arts Entertainment and Mitch Smelkinson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day