- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Continuing its global acquisitions spree, Britain’s ITV Studios on Wednesday bought a majority stake in Elk Production, a Swedish shingle that specializes in entertainment and show formats.
Elk currently has 15 shows in production or on air across Sweden’s pay and free-to-air channels. These range from local originals, such as quiz show Odd One Out (En Ska Bort) to Swedish versions of global formats including Top Chef, Ninja Warriors and Just Desserts.
Elk Production will join ITV’s established Swedish production company under the ITV Studios Sweden brand. ITV Studios Sweden has produced a local-language version of reality TV hit Come Dine With Me for Swedish channel TV4 since 2008.
Elk Production’s managing director, Anna Rydin, will head up the newly merged ITV Studios Sweden, reporting to Mike Beale, managing director, Nordics and Global Creative Network for ITV Studios.
ITV’s acquisition does not include the separate entity Elk Formats, which has created several hit local formats, including Stacked and All Inclusive. But under the terms of the deal, ITV Studios will be Elk Formats’ exclusive formats partner in the Nordics.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day