- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — ITV Worldwide is bringing three new Proper TV factual series to MIPTV after Discovery Channel Canada on Wednesday green lit the latest series from the Canadian indie producer.
As part of an output deal with Toronto-based Proper, ITV’s international distribution arm will shop “Inventions That Shook The World,” 10 one-hour episodes spotlighting key 20th century design discoveries from the Internet to the disposable razor, and four one-hours of the genetic engineering doc series “The Real Superhumans and the Quest for the Future Fantastic.”
Also Cannes-bound is Proper TV’s “Junk Raiders,” where construction, design and recycling experts band together to convert an old factory space into a new live/work space.
Discovery Channel Canada, which this week re-upped its joint venture with U.S.-based Discovery Communications, earlier found ratings success with Proper TV’s “Canada’s Worst Handyman” and “Canada’s Worst Driver,” which became the first Canadian non-sports cable show to draw 1 million viewers.
Former BBC and Mentorn producer-director Guy O’Sullivan launched Proper TV in 2004, and signed an output deal with ITV Worldwide to expand his development and production slate in 2008.
Proper TV expects to produce around 42 hours of factual fare this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day