- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — BBC Films has hired Paula Jalfon as its commercial manager, with responsibility for managing third-party financing at the U.K. pubcaster’s filmmaking unit.
Jalfon joins from U.K.-based financier Ingenious, where she was head of production.
Her new role will see her charged with finding new sources of funding at home and abroad. She also will oversee sales, marketing and distribution for the BBC Films slate.
Jalfon will report to Jane Wright, who oversees all commercial affairs at BBC Films, the organization said.
“With the recently announced boost to the annual budget, these are exciting times at BBC Films,” Wright said. “Paula has fantastic experience, will add great strength and presence to BBC Films and provide even more support for the filmmaking community.”
Before joining Ingenious, Jalfon spent five years as head of production at BFI TV before forming production banner Minerva Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day