- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. International Television Production (WBITVP) and Wowow, Japan’s biggest pay TV network, have teamed to produce a local version of Cold Case, the two companies announced Thursday.
The initial 10-episode local-language series based on the long-running CBS crime drama will air on Wowow in October as part of its Drama W original content brand. As well as showing imported fare, including Cold Case, on its three channels, Wowow has been increasing the number of original dramas and co-productions in recent years.
Cold Case, a Philadelphia-based police procedural, ran for seven seasons, ending its run in 2010.
Following similar storylines to the Jerry Bruckheimer Television-produced series, the Japanese version will be directed by Takafumi Hatano (SP Series).
The series will be shot in 4K on HDR’s newest RED camera, WEAPON, the first time it will be used for a Japanese TV show.
Said Wowow president Akira Tanaka: “Our intentions are to offer Wowow subscribers the highest quality television series, and Cold Case is a perfect example of our approach in doing so.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day