- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Jay-Z is planning to launch a high-end hotel chain in Manhatttan, dubbed the J Hotel.
The former Def Jam president along with partners CB developers and the SK Development group have acquired a 150,000 square foot site and air rights for $66.4 million this month, according to GlobeST.com.
The flagship hotel will be located in New York City’s Chelsea neighborhood at 511 W. 21st St. and will have the potential to rise to 12 stories.
Time Warner Cable company is currently leasing the five-story warehouse and parking garage at 511 W. 21st St.
Jay-Z and partners intend to expand the hotel chain to other major cities once the initial location is completed.
A spokesperson for Jay-Z had no comment.
On Dec. 24, Jay-Z stepped down as president of Def Jam, having denied rumors of a departure earlier in the year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day